Today’s post comes to you from a very honest and intentional place in me.
I want to address the books I’ve purchased, began reading, and left to collect dust on my bookshelf. These books are all written by fine authors, and some are books I still have full intent on reading, and for whatever reason regretfully I have yet to do so.
- Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee
- The Nest By Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue
- How To Ruin Everything: Essays by George Watsky
- The Versions of Us by Laura Barnett
- Fan Girl by Rainbow Rowell
This past summer, when I blogged about the books I wanted to read before school started again, I actually read majority of the books on my list. I figured by calling myself out on ditching the present thought of each book, I will reintroduce myself to them and maybe actually finish some this time.
All of these books were recommended to me from trusted opinions, and I had high intentions of finishing each, but as you know life gets in the way and after months go by my interest is gone.
So there you have it. My abandoned collection of books and stories that I still hope to one day rekindle my fascination for. Crossing my fingers that I’ll pick up one of these again and read it in full. If I do, it will probably end up being reviewing it on here, so I guess you’ll be a witness to my success or failure either way.
As always, thanks for reading!